Children need to play outdoors it is vital for their mental and physical health, their development and their happiness.
We have had to change the way that we do things because of the risks of Covid 19. This document will let you know what you can expect from us and what we would like from you so that your family and our staff stay as safe as is possible.
- All our services will take place out in the playground and not in the building. This is because outdoors is so much safer; it is much more difficult to catch the virus outdoors.
- The Adventure playgrounds are open to children aged 6 years and upwards
- A reduced number of children will be on sites
- No more than 5 adults will be on site
- We have a thorough and regular cleaning regime throughout each session
- Adults will keep a 2 meter distance between themselves and children unless the child needs medical attention or help in a dangerous situation (both of these situations are rare).
- We cannot guarantee that children will always social distance but adults will frequently remind children about social distancing regulations
- Children will wash hands on arrival to the playground in an outdoor washing area.
- The handwashing area is available for children to wash hands regularly throughout the session.
- Children will be reminded about handwashing throughout the day.
- We ask that families do not use public transport to get to playgrounds to minimise risk.
- Adults family members will be asked to bring their children to the gate and not enter the playground.
- Children should bring a water bottle, there will be access to cold water outside in the playground.
- Children are not allowed to eat on site.
- If anyone in your household has any Covid 19 symptoms, don’t come to the playground, IPA staff will do the same
- If your child or anyone in your household has any Covid 19 symptoms after visiting our playground, please let us know as soon as you can. You should then get a test immediately https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If your child or anyone in your household tests positive for Covid 19 please inform us straight away and follow track and trace guidance. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works
- In the unlikely situation that your child develops Covid 19 symptoms whilst on site, you must collect them as soon as possible. This will mean always having someone available in your family to take a call from the playground.
- If you are shielding a vulnerable family member in your home, please refer to government guidance.
Government advice on outdoor playgrounds can be found here,
Please speak with your children about the importance of social distancing so they know what is expected of them.