Islington Play Association is a vibrant, proactive children’s charity. Our aim is simple: We want an Islington where all children can play outside.
IPA believes that play is what children do when they are allowed the freedom to explore their world. Our play places are unique, exciting places where no two days are the same.
IPA runs 6 adventure playgrounds, including one specifically for children with additional needs, Paradise Park Children’s Centre and many other play projects across the borough. We welcome parents and carers across our services to support children to access play opportunities.
As we look for new ways to bring in funding and keep expanding our services in a time of reducing budgets and increasing needs, we are looking for resourceful, creative and committed people to strengthen our Board of Trustees. Expect to be amazed and inspired by what the children get up to and help us to make sure that more children get to play.
We are looking for three Trustees who:
- Want to support adventure play and other children’s activities in Islington
- Have an interest in and experience of play
- Have personal integrity, good communication skills, think independently, have common sense and vision
- Have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: fundraising, communications, marketing, capital projects, change management or the charity sector
- Are committed to ensuring that play is open to and beneficial to all children, regardless of ability, race, gender
These are non-remunerated positions (expenses paid) and all Trustees are asked to give the equivalent of 10 meetings per annum mostly weekday evenings with occasional weekends for Board meetings, sub-committee meetings, annual away days and ad-hoc trustee panels.
You will be joining a highly respected organisation in the world of play delivering excellent, high quality children’s services informed by the theories of Playwork. You can be part of making a real difference for the children of Islington. Please do not be put off if this will be your first trustee position as we welcome energy, commitment and passion!
Apply now by e-mailing your CV and a brief statement (of no more than 250 words) outlining why you are right for the role to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28th June 2019
Interviews date: Tuesday 9th July and Tuesday 16th July (evenings)
“Meet the Trustees” event: 11th September 2019